"Most important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when
there seemed to be no hope at all" -Dale Carnegie

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Good News Bad News

So, I am trying to stay positive. Unexpectedly on Thursday I started my period. A lot of people would okay... and ... well for me having a period is an amazing almost impossible thing for me. So I was all excited and called my dr because now I have to get in within 3 days for an ultrasound and to start our fertility treatment. This would of been all fine and dandy except I just went in for all my blood work, John's blood work and other stuff has just been turned it and I just spent $40 on a drug to make me start, so now I feel rushed- excited to be moving forward naturally. It turns out though John's tests may not be back in time for insemination so we are keeping our fingers crossed that the timing will all work out.
I went into the drs on Saturday for my ultrasound and boy did it not go well. He takes a look at both my ovaries and is in shock. The amount for cysts has increased dramatically and now I also have 2 cysts on my cervix. This explains a lot when it comes to why I have been feeling so yucky lately. After seeing my ovaries the dr said he cannot prescribe my shots like we had intended. The risks are way too great for me and the one day baby. Also the chances of multiples are too high. We are not talking about two or three we are talking about octomom! So I am in near tears trying not to cry in front of the dr because now I  am out of options. He tells me he wants to try a mixture of drugs with me to see how I respond to it. I'm up for it because now there is a plan. So for 5 days- through Wednesday I am taking clomid again but not at the highest dose. Clomid is suppose to pick 1-3 eggs and start to mature them. If I did the shots the meds mature however many it wants which could mean 1 or 10 and since I have about 30 now on each side which all have the potential of growing and maturing. So now hopefully I will only have at least 1 but no more than a few growing. Then on Thursday evening we start the fertility shots Menopur and do that through Sunday. On Monday the 18th I go in for another ultrasound to take a look at my ovaries to see if any of my eggs responded to the treatment. If they did- which they better then I will get another shot to make me ovulate and then hopefully timing is right and insemination. If not insemination then we get to do it the old fashion way which is fine just not as final. Then we will know around the latter part of the first week of August if it worked!
Like I said this is wonderful news that I am trying something new and we are working towards our goal. The bad news though is my health and of coarse the cost. If this round doesn't work I am not sure when we are able to do it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment